Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing 23: Reflection

Blog Prompts for Thing 23

Although I have gone through all of the 23 things, I realize that it will take me a while to master them.  I am especially looking forward to utilizing the Wiki.  This will be a great tool for working on projects.  I am starting a Wiki for the Upper Elementary Teachers.  I think this will be helpful with meetings, curriculum, units of study, planning committees and other projects. I also want to list the things that need to be done this summer while the teachers and students are out.  This will make it easier to add things and delete them when they are completed. This way all of the office staff will know what is finished and what is not.

UTube is another site I love using.  It is so easy to search for video's and use them for instructional purposes.  Slideshare and Podcasts will also be useful for instruction and PD.  ZOHO had so many tools!  I am looking forward to using zoho projects and reports. This will be so useful for the upper elementary teachers and students. Projects and reports can be worked on from anywhere by all of the team members. Documents and videos can be imported. The calendar will also be useful to ensure all team members know when things are due.

Google Docs  is a great site where projects, forms, presentations and other useful docs can be uploaded, edited and worked on by a group.  Teachers can work on lessons, units and other projects when they have time and from home.

My thinking about technology has really changed.  Prior to this course, my use of technology consisted of  the use of my laptop to work on presentations, data analysis, scheduling, forms go on line to complete MDE reports, and answer email and  I used my Blackberry for schedules, time, phone, text, email, GPS, notes and internet and felt that was all I needed to know.  I was afraid to sign up for this course. I was so sure that this course would be so difficult that I would need more time or I would not use it.  I know better now.  There are so many FREE sites and tools available to make my job easier.  Now I need to continue using what I have learned while discovering even more uses for them. 

3 comments:

  1. It's a great journey to take in learning through the 23 Things. Hope you get to read what your teachers are thinking about as they explore 23 Things. Your comments would be invaluable to them.
    Their blogs are listed at:
    http://cmalearning.pbworks.com/Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Yes, mastery comes later, this was intended to give you a look into the world of Web 2.0 and understand some of its potential in the learning environment.

    Your blog is really a great archive of your learning journey.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the opportunity to learn and for your support. What do I need to do to recieve credit for this course.

    ReplyDelete