Thursday, April 1, 2010

Online Tools

Thing 17:  This Thing was one of the most interesting Things yet!  I used bubbl.us to brainstorm for my board presentation.  It was great.  Just click and a bubble appears.  I put in the topic in and clicked to connect more bubbles with the facts or related topics.  I was able to move things around, add pages and save automatically.  The rest of the team working on the presentation can see, add to or modify.

ZOHO had so many tools that I took a great deal of time exploring.  I signed up for a wiki and zoho projects and reports.  This will be so useful for the upper elementary teachers and students.  Projects and reports can be worked on from anywhere by all of the team members.  Documents and videos can be imported. The calendar will also be useful to ensure all team members know when things are due. 

I was not able to get to the Library Thing.  I only spent a few minutes on 30 boxes.  I do not think I will use this tool. Teachers will probably like the Knowtes flashcard learning tool.  It would be useful to make or use exsisting cards to learn vocabulary, math facts, etc.

Trailfire was great.  I am often frustrated googling for things.  This tool arranges web pages by interest or topic.  Trailfire members add comments to the pages.  This process helps to cut down the amount of pages that are not relivant.

No comments:

Post a Comment